From reading the book I gathered the impression of the meaning of set words.
Here I read that people
- crap – detecting came from Ernest Hemingway.
- One quality needed above all others… “Yes a built in, shock proof, crap-detector”.
- Big words are used when not sure what to say.
- Pomposity – Way people try to show they are better than others.
- Fanaticism – (bigotry) Only confirms own point of view.
- Inanity – Entertainers mainly. An opinion given from the point of view of someone who is listened to but has no idea what they are talking about.
- Superstition – Where the own beliefs are correct over something else as they believe in it.
Third law –
“At any given time, the chief source of bullshit with which you have to contend is yourself.”
Forth law –
“Almost nothing is about what you think it is about–including you.”
Saying nothing is what you think it is including yourself as we never know ourselves never mind others.
Crap detection is what happens when someone becomes a certain type of person.
This I feel is interesting as when you become more inept with social networking or with your name the more a platform someone is given. Making it that they are then able to reach out to more people and get their points across but then some do use it to enforces their thoughts over people who support them. So with a module based on using social media and being based in a world that is based around social-media now it is easier to get followers and to preach than it is to consider both sides. Especially when it is easier nowadays trying to over come others as a sense of superiority.